Scertify™ Architecture is a solution for Software Architects and Development Teams. It preserves the software architectures from any inappropriate modification through a continuous control of components and a unique set of refactoring capabilities.
Critical applications must evolve rapidly to meet the new business challenges and requirements, while teams have to manage risks related to security of these more and more exposed and solicited applications. The agility of the development process requires a relevant and well-designed architecture model. The respect of this architecture during the whole lifespan of an application is also key to keep your applications agile. For architects and developers, it means:
- Tools for architects to assist them in continuously controlling the source code compliance with the architecture model
- Tools for developers to help them respecting the defined architecture model and applying associated programming standards, before a delivery
- An up-to-date documentation on application components and their real interactions
- An ongoing optimization process of the architecture design, in order to adapt applications for meeting new functional needs
Scertify™ Architecture delivers unique features to architects and developers, allowing them to:
- Generate an up-to-date documentation of existing applications, thanks to a deep and powerful code analysis
- Control the architecture implementation into code
- Display corrections required to respect the architecture, directly within the development environment
- Automatically identify possible optimizations to enhance the architecture
- Automate code corrections related to architecture implementation
Graphic modeling of architecture
Scertify™ Architecture provides architects with functions to model their software architecture through a graphic user interface within Eclipse. Technical layers and components are defined, linked with each other and associated to existing source code.
Through the analysis performed on source code, Scertify™ Architecture automatically generates an up-to-date architectural representation of existing applications.
When an analysis is performed on code, the architecture quality reports are displayed in the Sonar dashboards.
Architecture Integrity Control
Once an architecture model has been edited and validated by the architect, Scertify™ Architecture compares the model with the application source code, in order to detect non-compliant components, cyclic dependencies, etc. The analysis can be run locally in the Eclipse IDE, or throughout the development cycle, as Scertify™ is natively connected with Continuous Integration environments.
Data on Architecture Integrity are available at any time in Eclipse.
Scertify™ Architecture offers unique refactoring features to speed up architecture compliance improvements.
CI tools support
Scertify™ Architecture can be used with Build Management and Continuous Integration tools, such as Jenkins, Ant, or Maven.
How it works
Local mode (Eclipse)
At any time, developers can check if their source code is compliant with the architecture model. Architecture violations are flagged into code, like a spellchecker, a functionality that makes corrections easier and much faster than a remote report.
Each time a project is released, built or even modified, Scertify™ Architecture is run through your favorite Continuous Integration tools and search for architecture violations into code. Then, the integrity data are displayed within a dedicated Sonar dashboard.