Scertify™ Code is a static code analysis solution that detects and reduces risks related to Software Development (uncontrolled growth of the Technical Debt, low maintainability, performance issues, lack of agility, security flaws, etc.), thanks to a unique and powerful computer-aided refactoring technology. These unique features are directly available on the fly in the development environment as well as in Continuous Integration environments.
Software Risk Control and Technical Debt Management are major challenges enterprises have seriously to deal with, in order to guarantee the reliability of business-critical applications, and the agility of development processes. The measurement of code quality (documentation, conformance with programming best practices, code coverage, duplications…) enables IT departments to detect, to track and to reduce the risk of expensive failures. However, the use of code quality tools still raises some questions, especially when considering their implementation:
- How to prevent defects at the earliest possible stage, before a code compilation or delivery?
- Is the automation of code corrections and improvements possible?
- How to smartly plan correction sprints that will really and quickly reduce the Technical Debt of a project?
- How to educate developers for technical debt control and to raise quality and best practices awareness?
Scertify™ Code, accessible within the development environment and from Continuous Integration tools as well, allows developers, QA and application managers to:
- continuously track code quality, during the development and before a delivery
- plan and automate refactoring tasks on a set of components or on a complete application
- refine code analysis by supporting generic and custom frameworks, and making easy the addition of enterprise-specific control rules
- assist developers when correcting their code by providing them with detailed and contextualized solutions
Code Quality Analysis
Scertify™ Code also analyzes popular development frameworks such as Struts, Hibernate or Spring, as well as custom frameworks you would have developped.
In order to prevent quality drifts at the earliest possible stage, the Scertify™ Code features are available via command lines or directly on the fly from the Eclipse IDE, the place where the code is written.
Based on the performed code analysis, Scertify™ Code allows developers to take their projects back into compliance, automatically or semi-automatically, with a specific rule or with a complete set of programming rules.
Code Duplications detection
Scertify™ Code detects duplicated sections of source code (copy/paste), in order to propose a list of components which are candidates to be refactored.
Easy addition of custom rules control
Scertify™ Code offers an API to easily and quickly develop your own company-specific rules.
CI tools support
The code analysis can be run in batch-mode or through Build Management and Continuous Integration tools such as Maven, Ant, or Jenkins.
Installation & User Guides
You will find the installation & usage documentation of Scertify™ on this page.
- Multicore processor with at least 2GB of RAM
- Internet connection
- Scertify™ Code for Eclipse : Eclipse Juno
- Scertify™ Code for Maven : Maven 3
- Scertify™ Refactoring Assessment : Sonar 2.6
- How to check FindBugs coding rules within Scertify™After the integration PMD, Checkstyle, JSLint and Closure Compiler, Scertify™ Professional now integrates 366 coding rules from FindBugs. In this tutorial, learn how to enable and control these coding rules for your Java projects, directly within Eclipse. Share and Enjoy...
- How to customize your Scertify™ rule repositoryScertify™ enables developers to control code quality against a repository of +1600 coding rules and best practices. Of course, you might not want to activate all of these rules for a project. In this tutorial, learn how to create, customize and manage your own rule repositories within Scertify™. Share and Enjoy...
- Technical Debt: Refactor your Code on the fly in Eclise with Scertify’s Quick-Fix featureWhen dealing with technical debt, it is important to handle it as soon as possible. The best way to handle it, of course, it to get rid of it as soon as it appears. This may not be always possible, but when it is, then it should be done. That’s ...
- Scertify™ Professional 188.8.131.52 (Eclipse plugin) available for downloadScertify™ Professional 1.11.9 has been released. This Eclipse plugin is dedicated to analyze and automatically correct code quality defects (+1,600 coding rules available), through computer-assisted code refactoring. This new version makes much easier your first steps with the product, providing users with a quick start wizard and an embedded tutorial ...
- Scertify™ Eclipse plugin 184.108.40.206Scertify™ Eclipse plugin 220.127.116.11 has been released. This version brings major enhancement to visually create, manage and share coding rule repositories within Eclipse. This Eclipse plugin is dedicated to analyze and automatically correct code quality defects, through computer-assisted code refactoring. It includes +1,600 coding and automated-refactoring rules , for Java ...
- Scertify™ Eclipse plugin 18.104.22.168The version 22.214.171.124 of our Scertify™ Eclipse plugin has been released. This version mostly fixes bugs around code analysis management. Scertify™ Professional Edition is an Eclipse plugin dedicated to analyze, control and correction of code quality defects, through computer-assisted code refactoring. It includes +1,600 coding and automated-refactoring rules , for ...
- Scertify™ Eclipse plugin 126.96.36.199The version 188.8.131.52 of our Scertify™ Eclipse plugin has been released: 3 new code-refactoring rules are available; the XML file describing all available Scertify™ rules is now published, enabling users to create & customize their own rule repos; Finally, a new product add-on dedicated to Java Security (Owasp / JavaSec) ...