Scertify™ TechDebt / Refactoring Assessment is an open source tool that provides development & QA teams with exclusive benchmark data on Technical Debt and Software Quality. It gives valuable information on refactoring opportunity & strategies, remediation costs of projects, and generates smart action plans.
Though IT departments have matured these last 10 years and have now no doubt on the benefits of a continuous control of code quality, three major concerns were still remaining, without any tools able to effectively addressing these needs:
- How to understand quality indicators, and how to compare them with the state of the art?
- How to measure and manage the gap between the absolute quality level of a software, and a reasonable (reachable) target of quality?
- What are the shortest and safe ways to achieve your quality goals?
Scertify™ TechDebt / Refactoring Assessment is a free & open source tool designed to provide development teams with clear insights on these concerns.
Using the results of an analysis performed on a source code, Scertify™ TechDebt / Refactoring Assessment identifies the parts of your code that can be refactored, and indicates the possible level of automation by using the unique technology provided by Tocea’s tools (see Scertify™ Professional).
Free & Open Source
Based on the data contained in our Technical Debt benchmark repository, Scertify™ TechDebt / Refactoring Assessment enables developers to compare the quality of their code with hundreds of other anonymized projects from the open source and software industry.
CI tools support
This plugin can be run with simple scripts on Build / Continuous Integration tools, such as Maven, Ant or Jenkins.
Easy to use
Scertify™ TechDebt / Refactoring Assessment comes out of the box, without any configuration needed. On the contrary, Scertify™ will help you to improve the settings of your preferred Static Code Analysis tool, in order to use a relevant quality profile, finally!
Intelligent Remediation Plans
Scertify™ TechDebt / Refactoring Assessment generates intelligent remediation task plans to tackle Technical Debt according to your strategy: Safe (corrections with low impact on code), Fast (quick win), Exhaustive (corrections from A to Z), Security (only critical security violations).
Scertify™ TechDebt / Refactoring Assessment runs as a Sonar plugin. The Scertify™ dashboard is available with a simple click from the Sonar platform.
You will find the installation & usage documentation of Scertify™ TechDebt / Refactoring Assessment on the project’s page at Sourceforge.net.
- How to improve your Quality Profile by controlling rules that really matterWhat are the rules you should activate in order to track efficiently your technical debt? What is the correct priority for each PMD, Checkstyle or FindBugs rules? Find out in this second video tutorial how to improve your Sonar’s quality profile with Scertify™ Refactoring Assessment, a free & open source ...
- How to generate smart Action Plans to tackle Technical DebtWatch our first video tutorial dedicated to Scertify™ Refactoring Assessment, our free and open source plugin for Sonar. Find out how to generate a smart action plan that lists violations to be corrected. Share and Enjoy...
- Scertify™ Refactoring Assessment 1.2 is availableScertify™ Refactoring Assessment 1.2 is available. This new version is a keystone of the upcoming features for Technical Debt benchmark, which will be more accurate and user-oriented thanks to contextual data on projects (ie: open source, business sector, web application, framework, etc.). Share and Enjoy...
- Scertify™ Refactoring Assessment 1.1.21Scertify™ Refactoring Assessment 1.1.21 is available. This new version brings new features by extending the benchmark analysis to other technologies than Java, providing a user-friendly overview on your project’s health, and improving the usability of action plans & quality profile in a professional context. Share and Enjoy...
- Scertify™ Refactoring Assessment 1.1.18Scertify™ Refactoring Assessment 1.1.18 is available. This new version enhances the benchmarking capabilities on software quality, makes easier the optimization of your Sonar quality profiles and adds some user-friendly features. Share and Enjoy
- Scertify™ Refactoring Assessment 1.1.16Scertify™ Refactoring Assessment 1.1.16 release note. Share and Enjoy
- Scertify™ Refactoring Assessment 1.1.14 and olderRelease notes of Scertify™ Refactoring Assessment 1.1.14 and older. Share and Enjoy